When I realized that I hate packing but do enjoy the occasional get-away, I created this packing list to try to make it less stressful. It is for travelling within the country, in Israel, but for this post I’ve added some items necessary for international travel.
In the comments, please write all items that you see are missing, for domestic and international travel.
Some obvious things, like a wallet, are not included in this list.
I have successfully used this list twice already – once for a Shabbat in Tzfat and once for a three day vacation in Haifa. Both have been happy trips, partially as a result of my good packing job. :)
- Thermos filled with hot tea (This is my thing and it’s a pleasure having this when on the road.)
- Tea bags
- Two sets of car keys
- Bluetooth headset
- Cell phone charger and cable
- Plug converter
- Notebook + pen
- Flip flops (actually, for indoors)
- Bathing suit
- Two outfits besides what I’m wearing
Note! Make sure the socks and shoes match the outfits.
- Shampoo + conditioner
- Hair gel
- Hair elastics
- Make up
- Tweezers (in case I meet anyone who needs them)
- Canadian passport (check the date)
- Israeli passport (check the date)
- Foreign currency
- International cell phone calling/data plan
- Train schedule
- Print out of attractions, plans
- Hotel information: Phone number(s), email address, address, check in hours
To do before leaving the house
- Wash dishes
- Close/Open windows as needed
- Open closet and cupboard doors to air out (It’s the perfect opportunity to air your place out.)
- Unplug electric appliances and computer
- Recharge camera, cell phone, bluetooth
- Throw out all garbage
No big deal, right? You’re on your way!