I realized yesterday that this is basically techina fondu. I’m so into it right now that I am eating it not only for dessert; it’s also amazing as a snack (and a main course and a midnight snack – oh, that’s a snack).
Please be warned: Dates with this techina is heaven. Especially the only partially dried dates.
- Techina/Tahini golmit (crushed sesame seed paste without any additives) – preferably from whole sesame seeds
- Cinnamon – optional
- Lemon juice – optional
- Fruit, particularly dates
- Mix techina and honey.
- Mix in cinnamon and/or lemon juice as you’d like.
- Flavour according to your preference.
- Prepare whatever fruit you want on a plate. I recommend apples, oranges, bananas and dates. Give each person a teaspoon to cover the fruit pieces with the techina.