This is sort of like majadara, a rice and lentil dish. But majadara is usually made with brown lentils that keep their shape. It also often has sautéed onions added at the end.
This dish takes around half an hour to make. So quick, healthy and delicious, of course.
- 1.5 cups Basmati rice
- 1 cup red lentils
- 5 cups water
- 1-3 tsp. salt (yes, 3 teaspoons equal 1 tablespoon)
- 1-2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1-2 cups frozen spinach balls (dunno what else to call it!)
- Measure rice and lentils into a strainer. Soak in water.
- In a pot, place water, salt, oil and spinach.
- Place pot on burner and set to maximum.
- Rinse rice and lentils. Place them in the pot.
- Bring to a boil.
- Lower and cook for around 20 minutes.