This is originally a muffin recipe from my friend Achinoam but I am lazy that way so it has become a quiche. I’ve made some changes… I’ll try to write both versions here.
Check out how I couldn’t even wait for a picture before tasting it. YUM.
- 50 grams butter
- 1 250ml carton 15% shamenet lebishul (cooking cream) by Tnuva
- 1/2 cup milk (I used water)
- 3 tbsp. cottage cheese
- 60 grams 5% Bulgarit cheese
- 60 grams yellow cheese
- 5 tbsp. flour (originally it’s 3 tbsp. corn flour and 2 tbsp. wheat flour)
- 1/2 cup chives (I went all out here and put in approximately 1.5-2 cups.)
- 3 eggs
- Salt to taste (I didn’t add any because the cheeses have salt)
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Put all dairy ingredients in a pot and heat until mixture is bubbling.
- Add flour and chives and mix well (a fork works better at this point).
- Remove from heat and add one egg at a time, mixing all the time.
- Place in a small, slightly greased pan.
- Baked for 25-35 minutes, until lightly browned.
If you use this recipe for muffins, it makes around 12.