For the first time, I had my friend over who keeps to the hygienic diet. This is an extremely strict diet including that she refrains from eating cooked oil or…. salt.
Let me repeat. She doesn’t eat salt.
So that was my mission. To create a dish she could eat. I googled “potatoes without oil” something like that and found this recipe. I adapted it as follows:
- 4 potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
- 2 onions, cut into cubes
- Turmeric powder
- A handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- Olive oil and salt on the table for those who just can’t take it
- Prepare potatoes and onions and place in cold water in a pot.
- Bring water to a boil and then cook at a boil for around 4 minutes.
- Return vegetables to pot.
- Pour quite a bit of turmeric on the vegetables.
- Close the pot and shake it, baby, shake it.
- Pour the mixed vegetables into a pan lined with baking paper.
- Sprinkle parsley on top.
- Cook in oven at 320C for around 45 minutes.
At first I thought that the dish was a failure. It was bland and a bit bitter from the turmeric. But I must say that when I added a bit of salt and olive oil on my own serving, it tasted quite good! I’d even make it again.