The other day I was telling my sister Devora about my plans to prepare more homepage food for myself and to eat out less. She mentioned French toast, saying it’s a pretty easy food to make.
And so today I made it. And it seriously was easy! I made up my own recipe and it’s probably like every other but here you go anyway.
- 4-6 pieces small to regular slices of bread
- 3 eggs
- ground cloves
- vanilla extract
- real maple syrup
- Mix together eggs, spices and vanilla in a bowl.
- Heat some butter in a fry pan.
- Meanwhile dip the bread in the egg mixture and let it soak while the pan is heating up.
- Place bread in pan and fry until brown on both sides.
- The beautiful part is, once it’s cooked, putting it on a plate and pouring lots of maple syrup on top. Today I also tried having some yoghurt on the side and it worked perfectly.
P.S. I used home-made bread and organic eggs. Just saying.