Here is the full list of the top 10 things I love about being Jewish. Let me know what you think!
- We believe in the sanctity of life.
- We don’t missionize.
- Arguing and asking questions is an integral part of Judaism.
- Friday night dinners.
- We aren’t easily defined. We aren’t exactly a nation or a religion.
- We are supposed to be part of this world, not remove ourselves. The point is to raise up the mundane and make it sacred and special.
- In Judaism, actions are way more important than thoughts and feelings.
- The food! (And here is when I couldn’t decide on anything for #8.)
- The strong moral values with which I’m instilled because of my tradition. Judaism gives me tools with which to deal with extremely difficult moral situations. And because they come from an immortal source, whether you’re sure you believe that or not, it gives them a lot more stamina and strength to edure the difficult times.
- I can travel anywhere in the world and have something to ground me. One of my favourite things about travelling is going somewhere for Shabbat wherever I am and getting to know the Jewish community there.